MORE FREE GIFTS of knowledge and skills - NO REGISTRATION required.


provided at this blog, could you please try the following link, which uses a larger source of wordnet database?
SEARCH NOUNS - FOR ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION
SEARCH NOUNS for -ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/owsnouns.php.


SEARCH ADJECTIVES
SEARCH ADJECTIVES -for ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/ows.php.






SEARCH VERBS
SEARCH VERBS -for ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/owsVERBS.php.




SEARCH ADVERBS
SEARCH ADVERBS -for ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/owsadv.php






Are you searching for Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
with study materials, online testing-marking-scoring, 1000 random tests. Stress is on General Awareness (GK), but nearly 1000 subjects have been covered including botany, zoology, chemistry, physics, history, geography, pathology, pathophysiology, diagnostics, pharmacology, English synonyms, antonyms. I am trying to increase the proportion of Numerical ability and Quantitative Aptitude. But it will take some time.


Links with free web-hosting generosity of Zymic.Com,

click here to go to ayyo.zxq.net. These pages cover world-level data.



For additional India content: ayyoi.zxq.net




Links with free web-hosting generosity of xhosting.com,

click here to go to ayyo.x10.mx.. This seems to be a Mexican server.

Both the ayyo.zxq.net and ayyo.x10.mx contain similar material. Maintaining two sets has become as a standby, if one server does not open owing to some technical problems, readers can try the second server.


Thursday, March 31, 2011

SHAKESPEARE'S MERCHANT OF VENICE - 11 TO 20 LETTERS WORDS ANALYSIS


STUDY THE FOLLOWING
20-LETTERED-WORDS
19-LETTERED-WORDS
18-LETTERED-WORDS
17-LETTERED-WORDS
16-LETTERED-WORDS
15-LETTERED-WORDS
14-LETTERED-WORDS
1 appropriation .2 ceremoniously .3 commiseration .4 unpleasantest
13-LETTERED-WORDS
1 accomplished
.2 commonwealth .3 constitution
.4 conveniently .5 discontinued .6 impenetrable .7 inscriptions .8 intermission
.9 marvellously .10 questionless .11 throughfares .12 underprizing
12-LETTERED-WORDS
1 acknowledge .2 adventuring .3 approaching .4 commendable
.5 commendable .6 controversy .7 conveniency
.8 description
.9 exhortation .10 forfeitures
.11 immediately .12 impertinent .13 importunity .14 inexecrable .15 ingratitude
.16 injunctions .17 inscription .18 magnificoes
.19 merchandise .20 merchandise .21 neighbourly .22 philosopher .23 quarrelling .24 remembrance .25 superfluity .26 transformed .27 understands .28 undervalued .29 unwillingly
11-LETTERED-WORDS
HOVER YOUR MOUSE TO SEE THE WORD/PHRASE 20-LETTERED-WORDS
19-LETTERED-WORDS
18-LETTERED-WORDS
17-LETTERED-WORDS
16-LETTERED-WORDS
15-LETTERED-WORDS
14-LETTERED-WORDS
13-LETTERED-WORDS
1 and he makes it a great______________to his own good
parts that he can shoe him himself.
2 BASSANIO. O sweet Portia,
Here are a few of the______________words
That ever blotted paper! Gentle lady,
When I did first impart my love to you,
I freely told you all the wealth I had
Ran in my veins- I was a gentleman.
3
And where thou now exacts the penalty,
Which is a pound of this poor merchant's flesh,
Thou wilt not only loose the forfeiture,
But, touch'd with human gentleness and love,
Forgive a moiety of the principal,
Glancing an eye of pity on his losses,
That have of late so huddled on his back-
Enow to press a royal merchant down,
And pluck______________of his state
From brassy bosoms and rough hearts of flint,
From stubborn Turks and Tartars, never train'd
To offices of tender courtesy.
4 But go we in, I pray thee, Jessica,
And______________let us prepare
Some welcome for the mistress of the house.
12-LETTERED-WORDS
1 Believe me, you are______________chang'd.
2 O my Antonio, had I but the means
To hold a rival place with one of them,
I have a mind presages me such thrift
That I should______________be fortunate.
3
I will survey th'______________back again.
4 The Hyrcanian deserts and the vasty wilds
Of wide Arabia are as______________now
For princes to come view fair Portia.
5
Be merry, and employ your chiefest thoughts
To courtship, and such fair ostents of love
As shall______________become you there.'
And even there, his eye being big with tears,
Turning his face, he put his hand behind him,
And with affection wondrous sensible
He wrung Bassanio's hand.
6 so sweet a bar
Should sunder such sweet friends. Here in her hairs
The painter plays the spider, and hath woven
A golden mesh t' entrap the hearts of men
Faster than gnats in cobwebs. But her eyes-
How could he see to do them? Having made one,
Methinks it should have power to steal both his,
And leave itself unfurnish'd. Yet look how far
The substance of my praise doth wrong this shadow
In______________it, so far this shadow
Doth limp behind the substance. Here's the scroll,
The continent and summary of my fortune.
7 for______________ No more pertains to me, my lord, than you.
8 PORTIA. There are some shrewd contents in yond same paper
That steals the colour from Bassanio's cheek:
Some dear friend dead, else nothing in the world
Could turn so much the______________ Of any constant man. What, worse and worse.
9 I will have my bond. Exit
SOLANIO. It is the most______________cur
That ever kept with men.
10 but in such a habit
That they shall think we are______________ With that we lack. I'll hold thee any wager,
When we are both accoutred like young men,
I'll prove the prettier fellow of the two,
And wear my dagger with the braver grace,
And speak between the change of man and boy
With a reed voice.
11 And twenty of these puny lies I'll tell,
That men shall swear I have______________school
About a twelvemonth. I have within my mind
A thousand raw tricks of these bragging Jacks,
Which I will practise.
12 LORENZO. I shall answer that better to the______________than you
can the getting up of the negro's belly.
11-LETTERED-WORDS
1
Therefore my______________makes me not sad.
2
I'll end my______________after dinner.
3 I'll grow a talker for this gear.
GRATIANO. Thanks, i' faith, for silence is only______________ In a neat's tongue dried, and a maid not vendible.
4 and by______________both
I oft found both. I urge this childhood proof,
Because what follows is pure innocence.
5 and yet, for aught I
see, they are as sick that surfeit with too much as they that
starve with nothing. It is no mean happiness, therefore, to be
seated in the mean:______________come sooner by white hairs, but
competency lives longer.
6 PORTIA. He doth nothing but frown, as who should say 'An you will
not have me, choose.' He hears merry tales and smiles not. I fear
he will prove the weeping______________when he grows old, being so
full of unmannerly sadness in his youth. I had rather be married
to a death's-head with a bone in his mouth than to either of
these. God defend me from these two.
7 PORTIA. You know I say nothing to him, for he______________not me,
nor I him: he hath neither Latin, French, nor Italian, and you
will come into the court and swear that I have a poor pennyworth
in the English. He is a proper man's picture.
8 PORTIA. That he hath a______________charity in him, for he borrowed
a box of the ear of the Englishman, and swore he would pay him
again when he was able.
9 and my suit is-
LAUNCELOT. In very brief, the suit is______________to myself, as
your worship shall know by this honest old man.
10
But love is blind, and lovers cannot see
The pretty follies that themselves commit,
For, if they could, Cupid himself would blush
To see me thus______________to a boy.
11 PRINCE OF MOROCCO. The first, of gold, who this______________bears:
'Who chooseth me shall gain what many men desire.'
The second, silver, which this promise carries:
'Who chooseth me shall get as much as he deserves.'
This third, dull lead, with warning all as blunt:
'Who chooseth me must give and hazard all he hath.'
How shall I know if I do choose the right.
12 Or shall I think in silver she's immur'd,
Being ten times______________to tried gold.
13
Lastly,
If I do fail in fortune of my choice,
______________to leave you and be gone.
14 PORTIA. To these______________every one doth swear
That comes to hazard for my worthless self.
15 SERVANT. Madam, there is alighted at your gate
A young Venetian, one that comes before
To signify th'______________of his lord,
From whom he bringeth sensible regreets.
16 for, were he out of Venice, I can make what
______________I will. Go, Tubal, and meet me at our synagogue.
17 He plies the Duke at morning and at night,
And doth impeach the freedom of the state,
If they deny him justice. Twenty merchants,
The Duke himself, and the______________ Of greatest port, have all persuaded with him.
18And then treble that,
Before a friend of this______________ Shall lose a hair through Bassanio's fault.
19 his reason well I know:
I oft deliver'd from his______________ Many that have at times made moan to me.
20 LORENZO. Madam, with all my heart
I shall obey you in an fair commands.
PORTIA. My people do already know my mind,
And will______________you and Jessica
In place of Lord Bassanio and myself.
21 LORENZO. How every fool can play upon the word! I think the best
grace of wit will shortly turn into silence, and discourse grow
______________in none only but parrots. Go in, sirrah.
22 LORENZO. Yet more______________with occasion! Wilt thou show the
whole wealth of thy wit in an instant? I pray thee understand a
plain man in his plain meaning: go to thy fellows, bid them cover
the table, serve in the meat, and we will come in to dinner.
23
You may as well do anything most hard
As seek to soften that- than which what's harder?-
His jewish heart. Therefore, I do beseech you,
Make no moe offers, use no farther means,
But with all brief and plain______________ Let me have judgment, and the Jew his will.
24 SHYLOCK. No, none that thou hast wit enough to make.
GRATIANO. O, be thou damn'd,______________dog.
25 but in the instant that your
messenger came, in loving visitation was with me a young doctor
of Rome- his name is Balthazar. I acquainted him with the cause
in______________between the Jew and Antonio the merchant.
26 he is furnished with my opinion
which, bettered with his own learning-the greatness whereof I
cannot enough commend- comes with him at my______________to fill
up your Grace's request in my stead. I beseech you let his lack
of years be no impediment to let him lack a reverend estimation,
for I never knew so young a body with so old a head. I leave him
to your gracious acceptance, whose trial shall better publish his
commendation.'
Enter PORTIA for BALTHAZAR, dressed like a Doctor of Laws
DUKE OF VENICE. YOU hear the learn'd Bellario, what he writes.
27
Take some______________of us, as a tribute,
Not as fee. Grant me two things, I pray you,
Not to deny me, and to pardon me.
28 BASSANIO. Sweet Portia,
If you did know to whom I gave the ring,
If you did know for whom I gave the ring,
And would conceive for what I gave the ring,
And how______________I left the ring,
When nought would be accepted but the ring,
You would abate the strength of your displeasure.
29
My honour would not let______________ So much besmear it. Pardon me, good lady.

page numbers

multichoi

From Nov. 14, 2009.

visitors by country counter
Widget By Devils Workshop