MORE FREE GIFTS of knowledge and skills - NO REGISTRATION required.


provided at this blog, could you please try the following link, which uses a larger source of wordnet database?
SEARCH NOUNS - FOR ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION
SEARCH NOUNS for -ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/owsnouns.php.


SEARCH ADJECTIVES
SEARCH ADJECTIVES -for ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/ows.php.






SEARCH VERBS
SEARCH VERBS -for ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/owsVERBS.php.




SEARCH ADVERBS
SEARCH ADVERBS -for ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION http://ayyo.zxq.net/owsadv.php






Are you searching for Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
with study materials, online testing-marking-scoring, 1000 random tests. Stress is on General Awareness (GK), but nearly 1000 subjects have been covered including botany, zoology, chemistry, physics, history, geography, pathology, pathophysiology, diagnostics, pharmacology, English synonyms, antonyms. I am trying to increase the proportion of Numerical ability and Quantitative Aptitude. But it will take some time.


Links with free web-hosting generosity of Zymic.Com,

click here to go to ayyo.zxq.net. These pages cover world-level data.



For additional India content: ayyoi.zxq.net




Links with free web-hosting generosity of xhosting.com,

click here to go to ayyo.x10.mx.. This seems to be a Mexican server.

Both the ayyo.zxq.net and ayyo.x10.mx contain similar material. Maintaining two sets has become as a standby, if one server does not open owing to some technical problems, readers can try the second server.


Friday, April 1, 2011

MERCHANT OF VENICE :TWO WORD PHRASES WITH ATTRIBUTIVE ADJECTIVES ENDING IN ' Y'

HERE IS A SEARCH TOOL, for searching words/phrases in SHAKESPEARE's works
http://ayyo.zxq.net/shakesp.php




SHAKESPEARE'S MERCHANT OF VENICE


STUDY THE FOLLOWING two word phrases.

The first word is expected to be an adjective ending in. 'y'.

Some of the first words, you will find, are unfortunately NOT ADJECTIVES.

Identify the first words which are not adjectives.

E.g. "competency lives". Competency, basically is a noun. The relevant adjective form is competent. 'Competency' , though a noun, can be used as an adjective in phrases like 'competency parameters'. But such uses are exceptional. 'Competency' in the under-noted Shakespeare's sentence is used as a noun, which the contextual meaning shows.

Hint: 'My' and 'thy' are attributive possessive adjectives. They end in 'y'.

20-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
19-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
18-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 petty traffickers
17-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 competency lives .2 princely suitors .3 twenty merchants
16-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 woolly breeders
15-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 pretty follies .2 try confusions .3 very dangerous
14-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 brassy bosoms .2 mercy seasons .3 my affections .4 naughty times
.5 thy plainness .6 wednesday was
13-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 gratify this .2 holy crosses .3 holy witness .4 many cowards .5 many friends
.6 money gratis .7 my worthless .8 thy thoughts .9 twenty miles .10 twenty times .11 twenty times .12 twenty times .13 very friends
12-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 brightly as .2 gently kiss .3 happy hours .4 many months
.5 many things .6 may dismiss .7 merry tales .8 my bargains .9 my fortunes .10 my fortunes .11 my mistress .12 my servants .13 my servants .14 my ventures .15 my ventures .16 sunny locks
.17 thy desires
.18 thy fellows .19 vasty wilds
11-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 fancy dies
.2 harmony is .3 many books .4 many fools .5 my affairs .6 my deserts .7 only loves .8 sweetly as
10-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
HOVER YOUR MOUSE TO SEE THE WORD/PHRASE 20-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
19-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
18-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
17-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1
There where your argosies , with portly sail-
Like signiors and rich burghers on the flood ,
Or as it were the pageants of the sea-
Do overpeer the______________,
That curtsy to them , do them reverence ,
As they fly by them with their woven wings.
16-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 and yet , for aught I
see , they are as sick that surfeit with too much as they that
starve with nothing. It is no mean happiness , therefore , to be
seated in the mean: superfluity come sooner by white hairs , but
______________longer.
2 therefore the lott'ry that he hath
devised in these three chests , of gold , silver , and lead- whereof
who chooses his meaning chooses you- will no doubt never be
chosen by any rightly but one who you shall rightly love. But
what warmth is there in your affection towards any of these
______________that are already come.
3 He plies the Duke at morning and at night ,
And doth impeach the freedom of the state ,
If they deny him justice.______________,
The Duke himself , and the magnificoes
Of greatest port , have all persuaded with him.
15-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1
And when the work of generation was
Between these______________in the act ,
The skilful shepherd pill'd me certain wands ,
And , in the doing of the deed of kind ,
He stuck them up before the fulsome ewes ,
Who , then conceiving , did in eaning time
Fall parti-colour'd lambs , and those were Jacob's.
14-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 I will______________with him.
2
But love is blind , and lovers cannot see
The______________that themselves commit ,
For , if they could , Cupid himself would blush
To see me thus transformed to a boy.
3 the Goodwins I think
they call the place , a______________flat and fatal , where the
carcases of many a tall ship lie buried , as they say , if my
gossip Report be an honest woman of her word.
13-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 SOLANIO. Believe me , sir , had I such venture forth ,
The better part of______________would
Be with my hopes abroad. I should be still
Plucking the grass to know where sits the wind ,
Peering in maps for ports , and piers , and roads.
2 I will not say you
shall see a masque , but if you do , then it was not for nothing
that my nose fell a-bleeding on Black Monday last at six o'clock
i' th' morning , falling out that year on Ash______________four
year , in th' afternoon.
3 but if mine , then yours ,
And so all yours. O! these______________ Puts bars between the owners and their rights.
4 but thou , thou meagre lead ,
Which rather threaten'st than dost promise aught ,
______________moves me more than eloquence ,
And here choose I. Joy be the consequence.
5
And where thou now exacts the penalty ,
Which is a pound of this poor merchant's flesh ,
Thou wilt not only loose the forfeiture ,
But , touch'd with human gentleness and love ,
Forgive a moiety of the principal ,
Glancing an eye of pity on his losses ,
That have of late so huddled on his back-
Enow to press a royal merchant down ,
And pluck commiseration of his state
From______________and rough hearts of flint ,
From stubborn Turks and Tartars , never trained
To offices of tender courtesy.
6
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When______________justice. Therefore , Jew ,
Though justice be thy plea , consider this-
That in the course of justice none of us
Should see salvation.
12-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1
But more for that in low simplicity
He lends out______________, and brings down
The rate of usance here with us in Venice.
2 An evil soul producing______________
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek ,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
3 LORENZO. Heaven and______________are witness that thou art.
4 PORTIA. To these injunctions every one doth swear
That comes to hazard for______________self.
5 How______________, whose hearts are all as false
As stairs of s.
6 Such as I am. Though for myself alone
I would not be ambitious in my wish
To wish myself much better , yet for you
I would be trebled______________myself ,
A thousand times more fair , ten thousand times more rich ,
That only to stand high in your account
I might in virtues , beauties , livings , friends ,
Exceed account. But the full sum of me
Is sum of something which , to term in gross ,
Is an unlesson'd girl , unschool'd , unpractis'd.
7 Enter LORENZO , JESSICA , and SALERIO , a messenger
from Venice
BASSANIO. Lorenzo and Salerio , welcome hither ,
If that the youth of my new int'rest here
Have power to bid you welcome. By your leave ,
I bid my______________and countrymen ,
Sweet Portia , welcome.
8 JESSICA. When I was with him , I have heard him swear
To Tubal and to Chus , his countrymen ,
That he would rather have Antonio's flesh
Than______________the value of the sum
That he did owe him.
9
For never shall you lie by Portia's side
With an unquiet soul. You shall have gold
To pay the petty debt______________over.
10 and therefore haste away ,
For we must measure______________to-day. Exeunt
SCENE V.
11 Antonio ,______________gentleman ,
For in my mind you are much bound to him.
12 she doth stray about
By______________, where she kneels and prays
For happy wedlock hours.
13
And in the hearing of these______________ I swear to thee , even by thine own fair eyes ,
Wherein I see myself-
PORTIA. Mark you but that.
11-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1
And every object that might make me fear
Misfortune to______________, out of doubt ,
Would make me sad.
2 I thank my fortune for it ,
______________are not in one bottom trusted ,
Nor to one place.
3
For the four winds blow in from every coast
Renowned suitors , and her______________ Hang on her temples like a golden fleece ,
Which makes her seat of Belmont Colchos' strond ,
And many Jasons come in quest of her.
4 ANTONIO. Thou know'st that all______________are at sea.
5 PORTIA. He doth nothing but frown , as who should say 'An you will
not have me , choose.' He hears______________and smiles not. I fear
he will prove the weeping philosopher when he grows old , being so
full of unmannerly sadness in his youth. I had rather be married
to a death's-head with a bone in his mouth than to either of
these. God defend me from these two.
6 and he rails ,
Even there where merchants most do congregate ,
On me ,______________, and my well-won thrift ,
Which he calls interest. Cursed be my tribe
If I forgive him.
7 Tubal , a wealthy Hebrew of my tribe ,
Will furnish me. But soft! how______________ Do you desire? [To ANTONIO] Rest you fair , good signior.
8 The Hyrcanian deserts and the______________ Of wide Arabia are as throughfares now
For princes to come view fair Portia.
9 'Who chooseth me shall get as much as he deserves.'
I will assume desert. Give me a key for this ,
And instantly unlock______________here.
10 Myself and what is mine to you and yours
Is now converted. But now I was the lord
Of this fair mansion , master of______________,
Queen o'er myself.
11 LORENZO. Fair thoughts and______________attend on you.
12 LORENZO. Yet more quarrelling with occasion! Wilt thou show the
whole wealth of thy wit in an instant? I pray thee understand a
plain man in his plain meaning: go to______________, bid them cover
the table , serve in the meat , and we will come in to dinner.
13 DUKE OF VENICE. Upon my power I______________this court ,
Unless Bellario , a learned doctor ,
Whom I have sent for to determine this ,
Come here to-day.
14 for______________ Are wolfish , bloody , starv'd and ravenous.
15Belmont. The garden before PORTIA'S house
Enter LORENZO and JESSICA
LORENZO. The moon shines bright. In such a night as this ,
When the sweet wind did______________the trees ,
And they did make no noise- in such a night ,
Troilus methinks mounted the Troyan walls ,
And sigh'd his soul toward the Grecian tents ,
Where Cressid lay that night.
16 STEPHANO. Stephano is my name , and I bring word
______________will before the break of day
Be here at Belmont.
17 PORTIA. So doth the greater glory dim the less:
A substitute shines______________a king
Until a king be by , and then his state
Empties itself , as doth an inland brook
Into the main of waters. Music! hark.
18 How______________by season season'd are
To their right praise and true perfection.
19
Give order to______________that they take
No note at all of our being absent hence.
10-LETTERED-WORDS/PHRASES
1 Not I , but______________, have made you wait.
2 SOLANIO. I think he______________the world for him.
3 Is that my prize? Are______________no better.
4 and______________ In the cradle where it lies.
Let us all ring fancy's knell:
I'll begin it- Ding , dong , bell.
5 and I do know
A______________that stand in better place ,
Garnish'd like him , that for a tricksy word
Defy the matter. How cheer'st thou , Jessica.
6 we
turn'd o'er______________together.
7
Such______________in immortal souls ,
But whilst this muddy vesture of decay
Doth grossly close it in , we cannot hear it.
Enter MUSICIANS
Come , ho , and wake Diana with a hymn.
8 PORTIA. The crow doth sing as______________the lark
When neither is attended.

page numbers

multichoi

From Nov. 14, 2009.

visitors by country counter
Widget By Devils Workshop